When $#!+ Hits the Fan

 Hi.

Things sometimes start out tiny and then snowball to something you never expect.  

Welcome to my life.  What started out as, "has anyone told you you were a little anemic?" to "you have a rare cancer." has prompted me to hopefully help other people who may be, may know someone who is or, like I was, totally terrified of the prospect of getting cancer know what to expect and know that they aren't alone.  I'm also going to give out hints that I have found out that has helped me navigate and deal with this $#!+show called cancer.

Do I know everything?  H E doublehockeysticks no.  Does what I say apply to every person?  Fudge no, everybody is different.  Why don't I just go ahead and write out the cuss words?  It's just a thing of mine.  But I know enough through this learning curve I've been on to help at least someone.  If you're scared, I understand.  I have been told I have a year to live if I continue on minimal oral chemotherapy.  We aren't promised tomorrow but there's something about someone sitting in front of you saying you're going to die relatively soon.  It's very very sobering.  And it sucks (I don't guess sucks is a cuss word).

But I'm ahead of myself.  I'm Joe, 56 years old, retired on disability due to a boogered back surgery, I'm a moderate Democrat and live in the buckle of the Bible belt.  Got a cool ranch house in an old neighborhood, am married with a teenage son that knows absolutely everything (and of course we don't have walking around sense) and have 10 rescue cats and a shelter dog named Smoochie (go ahead, judge us).  Along the way, I'm going to divert to other stuff that might be fun so everything won't seem so bleak.  

So here we go, I hope that cancer doesn't screw with your life in any shape, manner or form but if it does, know that you're not alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nearer It Gets, the Scareder I Get

A Well Meaning Huge Load of Crap

The Spark Leading Up To The Fire